Friday, April 10, 2020

It Depends Upon What the Meaning of the Word 'Draconian' Is

AG Barr says ‘draconian’ coronavirus restrictions should be re-evaluated [More]
I'll say.

Because people whose lives and livelihoods are being destroyed see elitist politicians getting their damn hair done and are then subjected to self-entitled bullshit justifications like "I'm out in the public eye [and] I'm a person who takes their personal hygiene very seriously," and a Mencken quote expanded by an order of magnitude comes to mind.

You want to see draconian, tell people you will give them no choice but to lose it all while stuffing your face in front of them.

[Via Mack H]

2 comments:

Henry said...

“I’m a person who takes their personal hygiene very seriously."

Make sure to reserve the industrial-strength ventilator for the mayor.

GaryM said...

Whenever I see something like this posted on FB I always make the same comment:

"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others" George Orwell