Tuesday, May 26, 2020

And If You Act Now...

Hudson, Ohio: Recent Attacks On Seniors Prompt Police To Issue Public Safety Alert, Urging Older Residents To Carry New Safety Device [More]
I live in Hudson, OH. You don't get much safer.

I'd be interested in knowing whether they're talking about the Acme or the Heinen's, both of which have relatively safe, well-lit, and traveled parking lots, and if they can cite any police report or link to any alerts. And why they know about it but the Hudson Hub Times does not.

Hell, I'd be less curious if they could just ID a "Ruth Miller" who is 63, as Zabasearch can't find one in Hudson and the only two on the Summit County voter roll were born in 1929 and 1932.

Far be it from me to call into question the forthrightness of the elusive Rachel Manfield and the fine folks at Safe Alarm, but I do wonder what city "Chief of Police Jeff Strum" works for.

It appears Web Scammer Jammer is similarly unimpressed.

[Via Dave Licht]

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Click on the link in Omaha- it says Ruth is from Omaha- total click bait.

Maxwell said...

Huh. Ol' Ruth has a residence in Cincinnati, too. Girl gets around.

wildbill said...

She lives in Tennessee also.

Bill in ILL said...

No, she's here in Illinois along with Chief of Police Jeff Strum

Henry said...

IP-triggered clickbait ads give me some of my best laughs of the day. Showing the best high-rise apartments in my named town, offering to rate the five best lawyers in my named town, how to reduce my cable TV bill in my named town. My town has none of those things.

Anonymous said...

As a Police Chaplain, my first thought was, where does Chief Strum serve? If they have to invent (lie!) off the top, I'm extremely disinclined to buy whatever they are selling.

Barbplum said...

Apparently Ruth is also from Wellingborough UK but uses American terms grocery store etc. whereas we would say Supermarket. No Chief of Police here. Alarm may be good but too bad I've been put off by the fakery.

Unknown said...

Apparently she also lives in Oxfordshire in U.K.
the item looks a good idea but I don’t like the lies used in the selling tactics

Simple1DownUnder said...

Even in Australia we're curious about (CoP?) Jeff Strum.

Simple1DownUnder said...

That must be Police Chief Jeff Strum of Australia?,not!

Michael Peacock said...

Well so far:
I have just submitted a detailed complaint to the ASA (The AdVertising Standards Authority UK) - so called Ruth Miller, a 76 year old woman from Dulwich, Southwark is ALSO (so far) from
Cambridge, Wellingborough, Oxfordshire, Dublin, Australia, and four USA locations
LEFT hand drive vehicles are evident in the photo.
An IRISH version show different police vehicles.
Our UK version show UK police vehicles.
Maybe another fictional character: I wanted to get a professional’s opinion on the effectiveness of SafeSound, so I talked to Chief of Police Jeff Strum.
I was duped into thinking it was a media report as it popped up via www.inyourarea.co.uk
The SAME IDENTICAL device can be purchased for £3.15 via Ebay.
This company is selling device for £16.31 and with a so called: To help protect senior residents, the Safe Personal Alarm currently has a special senior discount offering 50% off to Southwark residents. But hurry, due to extremely high demand, the Safe Personal Alarm has sold over 1.5 million units and is almost out of stock.
This works out at £8.15 which is still a 258% mark up on the £3.15