Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Diminishing Returns

Over the last few weeks, I have lost literally hundreds of "friends" and "followers" on Facebook and Twitter. What I can't tell is if they deactivated their accounts on their own or had their accounts deactivated for them in "the purge."

As the only reason I even spend any time at all on those platforms is to promote my articles, I'm weighing my options. I've tried the alternatives but they never produced enough "bang for the buck" to justify the effort.

Tangentially-related UPDATE:

Looks like Parler's found a new home.

[Via Michael G]

3 comments:

Carl "Bear" Bussjaeger said...

I've been locked out of my Twitter account for months. But I noticed I still had all my followers. Until Saturday, when the number started dropping. I lose a few more every day. Since those folks had been sticking it out despite my suspension, I don't think the drop now is just them unfollowing.

Mack said...

Oh well, I see "the purge" here. Appropriate, too.

Henry said...

Carl, this is curious, because that is EXACTLY how I would interpret this data. These people didn't drop you, they dropped Twitter.