Monday, March 29, 2021

Now There's a Shocker!

 Open Letter By Dan Gross, Former President of The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence & Rob Pincus [More]

I'm still internally debating on whether or not to weigh in. In the meantime, here are some thoughts from:

I see some are questioning AmmoLand's decision to publish it, saying we don't need to give the enemy another platform when they have the whole rest of the media to give them a voice and make sure to cancel our thoughts. I see that point, but I'm glad they posted it, and here's why:

The guy is self-immolating -- he'll never have credibility in the "gun community" again. Reader comments show no one is buying it, and that type of reader would not dominate in any other forum. This sends a loud and clear message that is not diluted by supportive comments lauding the idiot views as "common sense" and proof that we can find "common ground" if we just exclude those nasty right-wing extremists!

And as Napoleon Bonaparte, or Haley Barbour, or Woodrow Wilson is reputed to have said:
Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself
If I do decide to write an article I'll bring up some points (and some proofs) I haven't seen anyone else talking about.

No comments: