Monday, March 29, 2021

Speaking of Unfunded Mandates...

!!! IFC SUED BY MONROE COUNTY !!! [More]

I was going to dig into this to break it down, but I see AmmoLand has already done that, including embedding the lawsuit and its attachments for those of you who enjoy getting into the weeds.

Going after citizens for asserting their right to object to unlawful preemption is a new one.

Tell me if I'm missing something because all I had time to do was scan. I'm against unfunded mandates as much as the next (non-coercive) guy, but is that really what the county is being subjected to here? Isn't whether or not they WANT to add security in response to the law their choice, rather than an order from above? 

[Via Mark L]

UPDATE: Bear notices ... or rather, doesn't notice something...

2 comments:

Carl "Bear" Bussjaeger said...

That lawsuit has a bigger problem than alleged unfunded mandates. It doesn't actually accuse the named defendants of anything.

http://bussjaeger.us/blog/?p=563

Henry said...

Accusations or not, it's a SLAPP lawsuit, and lots of states grant targets special damages against bureaus that file them.