Wednesday, June 09, 2021

On the Rebound

When Bratcher fired the 3 warning shots he pointed the gun downwards as he was verbally commanding Hardwick to stop. This would have to do with his extensive military background and years of training. Serving in countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq, he was more then equipped to fire warning shots so much that only “one bullet aimed down” struck Hardwick. [More]

So he never played pool? Or banked one off the backboard? What kind of "extensive military ... training" teaches you to do that?

We talked about this yesterday and I'm still not clear on if the fatal shot went through the door first, in which case I'd have my lawyer put Joe Biden on the stand. 

There's a lot about this story that's not intuitively adding up, and for some reason, I'm getting a vibe that an exploitable  "unequal" outcome on "stand your ground" to gin up more outraged racial divisiveness is the goal of those controlling and "reporting on" things...

[Via Mack H]

1 comment:

Mack said...

I was thinking that, too.

An out-loud ORAL warning suffices.

And always know your target.

Training - I wonder how many LEO's resort to that as their fallback argument.