Thursday, December 23, 2021

Food Fight!

So for more effective gun-grabber propagandizing to the family at Christmas dinner, you should stifle your inherent urge to shriek and then smile as you lie? [Watch]

Sorry, "star."We can't agree that "more than 40,000 people are killed BY a gun every year." If you need that explained, you need to take some prerequisites before you're ready for a real conversation-- but I suspect you know exactly what you're doing.

And "something has to be done"? Like what?

Then there's "You believe her Second Amendment right is non-negotiable." That must be why the grabbers just issue obey-or-die mandates.

And my personal favorite, "No one is looking to take your guns away!"

Some of us are on to what you elitist "97 Percenters" are trying to do, and unlike your useful idiot supporters, we're not fooled.

Besides, I'm kind of picky about who I invite over, and fortunate that there is no "woke" divide in my family.

4 comments:

Henry said...

When a Hollywood "star" tells me that everybody agrees on gun safety, I know he's going to tell me exactly how I have to think. Clearly I don't want to think in the same way as anybody who thinks he's divinely qualified to tell me that. I don't know who his 97% is, but I'm way more comfortable in the 3%.

Anonymous said...

Back in the day there was a story floating around about one of Manhattan's social elite remarking she had no idea how Nixon won because no one she knew voted for him.

It might well be that that actor doesn't know a single person who disagrees with him.

I certainly have noticed a dropping off of friends and acquaintances who don't agree with me. Further evidence of the growing schism in American society I recon.

Anonymous said...

"... legitimate Second Amendment rights ..."

Two things caught my attention.

1. Is Ms. Clinton aware that there are no "Second Amendment rights? Calling RKBA a "second Amendment right" implies that the right somehow originated in the language of the Second Amendment. It doesn't. The Second Amendment recognizes a pre-existing right and forbids infringement of it. See US v Cruikshank.

2. By adding the word "legitimate", is she implying that there are rights associated with the Second Amendment that are not legitimate? And if so, pray tell, what would they be?

David Codrea said...

Pauline Kael...