Monday, February 28, 2022

Popcorn Movie

 Curtis Reeves found not guilty of second-degree murder [More]

As if I need another reason not to go to movie theaters...

I've gotta say, I have mixed feelings about this, starting with the apparent avoidability of it all and followed with concerns about the appropriateness of the response.  I'm not going to play Monday morning eight years later quarterback, but I am trying to put myself in that situation as it's been related and reflect on what I'd have hoped to do differently. 

[Via Remarks]

2 comments:

Henry said...

I can see the criminal suit failing because of his age. I suspect he won't be nearly as lucky in the civil suit.

igor said...

I assume that you have seen the video. It shows four, and only four, people in the theater. The shooter sat right behind the noise maker and stayed right behind him. If the shooter were annoyed by the noise, I have to ask myself why he and his wife did not move away.