Monday, October 26, 2020

The Thing That Would Not Die

 Fast And Furious Has Never Died [More]

I have two big problems with this:

  1. Terminology matters. Operation Fast and Furious was the name of a specific program run out of Phoenix. I know there were similar operations conducted under Project Gunrunner and have written about several of them myself over the years, but they were not "Fast and Furious." 
  2. This perpetuates misunderstandings about Wide Receiver I have been trying for years to dispel but nonetheless keep being raised.
As I noted earlier: All I can "vouch" for on Fast and Furious is what Mike and I reported. I'm aware there are other "theories," including about cartel deals and those relying on the testimony of criminals trying to mitigate their punishments -- I'm not discounting any of the reports, but merely saying anything I haven't worked on is outside the scope of what I have found and been told by vetted sources that have been proven credible to me.

No comments: